Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kids Say the Darnest Things


This email from a client, friend, and fellow Des Moines crossfitter, Katie, shares one of the many reasons I do what I do:

"So I had the greatest experience yesterday with my four-year old (Brady), and I had to share! At preschool yesterday, they traced themselves on a giant piece of paper and then cut out pictures from magazines of their FAVORITE foods. My sweet, sweet child had these things on his poster: bananas, apples, oranges, celery, a turkey sandwich (he calls it a 'salad' b/c he loves salad, and it had lettuce on it), and pancakes :) It was so reaffirming as a parent to see that the good food choices Michael and I are trying to model are carrying through- yipee! So thanks for all you've done for our family!!!! We, of course, hung it up on the kitchen wall.

Later this week we're going to go through "Mommy's cooking magazines" to find more food that we love :)"


Spend some time with your families this week sharing your love of healthy foods and the benefits they have on your health , just as Katie has modeled.

Encourage them to try to "eat the rainbow!"



Until next time...


look good, feel good, do good


www.sarabconsulting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment