Thursday, April 14, 2011

J's World Famous Goulash


After a crazy weekend of packing and moving from Iowa City...(sad and tired sigh)...J and I were definitely in the mood to put on our comfies and make some comfort food.

The beautiful spring weather allowed us to eat outside on my parents porch....did I mention J, Trey, and I moved in with the rents till our new house is complete....life is crazy but blessed! With 3 older siblings who at some point have all moved back home, my parents are starting to wonder if you ever truly do move out :)

so back to that comfy food....

J's World Famous (at least household) Goulash

Ingredients: Use two or three of the following protein options: 1lb ground grass fed beef, 1lb turkey breast, 16oz black beans (if using canned, be sure to rinse and drain)

16 oz corn (if using canned, be sure to rinse and drain to help lower sodium)

1 diced red bell pepper (choose organic)

1 diced green bell pepper (choose organic)

1 can diced tomato or a few fresh if you have on hand

1-2 cans of tomato soup

1 package of whole wheat noodles

2% shredded or sliced cheese

Italian seasonings

Instructions:

Boil noodles till al dente and drain, set aside. Brown meat and add Italian spices. Mix remaining ingredients together in large bowl. Add noodles and meat. Place in casserole dish or pan. Top with cheese and bake at 200F till cheese is melted. Enjoy!

I apologize for the weird formatting my blog is doing....I am in the midst of debuting a new blog and website!


Until next time...


look good, feel good, do good


No comments:

Post a Comment