Friday, February 18, 2011

Trey Lee Schwertfeger

J and I are so happy to welcome Trey Lee Schwertfeger into our lives. At 8lbs and 20.5 inches, he came into our world true Sara style...in a rush.
A little recap on how it all went down:
I finally felt my first contraction after demoing hurdles to the Solon girls at practice Wednesday night. When I got home I mentioned something to J but we decided to make dinner and then look back into it....
After a little tuna noodle casserole and the contractions continuing, we decided to start timing them.
They began intensifying and getting closer together. After sitting in the tub, calling labor and delivery and J hearing me grimace and brace through a big one he decided it was time to head to the hospital. We didn't think we were in a huge hurry so we passed up the ER parking and drove around to the garage. As we walked the 2 blocks towards the hospital I started thinking....these contractions are REALLY getting close together...we gotta get in there!
The nurses at Mercy quickly got J and I situated in a room and me gowned up. They asked if I wanted to go natural or epidural........my thoughts on this throughout pregnancy were to keep an open mind and take labor how it came. I had a desire to try to go natural (no drugs) and knew staying at home as long as I could would help with this. What I didn't expect was to show up at the hospital already at 9cm dilated! That's right. I literally got in my gown and started pushing. So with no drugs in sight and just 11 minutes of pushing a beautiful and healthy Trey Lee was born. Thank you Dr. Smollen, all the nurses, and of course J for helping Trey and I through it all.
God as truly blessed us and made my first :) pregnancy one to remember.

a gift from Heaven

our little Ironman


Until next time...
look good, feel good, do good

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a story! He's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl... what a great story! I'm glad he is healthy and everything went well. Congrats again, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a wonderful Valentine's present! He is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete