Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Baby S Update - Week 38


Week 37
Baby Shower #1
A few weekends ago J and I's wonderful friends Ryan & Robin threw us a couple's baby shower at Cedar Ridge Winery
Robin has a great write up about it on her blog: Indulge
It was a very enjoyable time with a group of our Iowa City friends
almost too pretty to eat

a personalized "Baby S" bag
Baby Shower #2
With the help of my girlfriends and Mom, my sister Kelli threw me a great shower on Sunday
It was awesome to see so many fabulous friends and family in one place. I can't wait for them to all have a special part in Baby S's life.
family, college friends, high school friends, and childhood friends!

everyone took on the challenge of designing a personalized bib for Baby S
the winners: Morgan with her bib saying "a doctor or apple a day keeps the doctor away, "Jess with her perfect drawing of Elmo, and Heidi with her "no high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, saturated fats, sugar, enriched flour" bib

my pal Amy served up this adorable diaper cake
complete with washcloth cupcakes


of course we had plenty of "real" cupcakes to enjoy as well
Rachel dished up jello/ice cream cups...simply mix one packet of jello with hot water and combine with vanilla ice cream...easy and delish

funny story:
post party, Leigh and I decided to try our hand at Kinect (a remote free video game J brought home from work)
we were playing volleyball and apparently I was really getting into it and went up for a spike and BAM...hit the light, which fell to the floor and shattered....luckily no one was hurt and it turned out to be a good laugh
still doing what I can....
do squats bring on labor!?
Until next time....will two become three?!
look good, feel good, do good

No comments:

Post a Comment