Friday, November 6, 2009

Quinoa Soup - A MUST TRY


Tonight I made a recipe from my Bridal Shower Recipe book. Each one of the guest had to bring a favorite recipe....I made Aunt Barb's Quinoa Soup and it was a hit according to the Taste Panel of one!

You have to make this simple and nutritious soup!

Don't know what quinoa is...let me tell you. It is a very nutrient packed whole grain. In fact, it is the ONLY grain that contains all 9 essential amino acids...another words it packs in all the protein that a lean piece of meat would! Great choice for vegetarian meals!
You can usually find it boxed/bagged up (Bob's Red Mill) in the health section of your supermarket or out of the bulk bins....just ask!
Quinoa Soup
by Aunt Barb Davis
Ingredients:

4 C chicken broth (my Aunt Bard gave me some Watkin's for a gift....simply the best!)
1 C quinoa
1 C frozen corn
1/3 C salsa
1 avocado diced
sea salt
1/4C chopped cilantro (I used dried parsley since I did not have cilantro)
lime wedges for serving (I forgot these but it would be pretty)
Instructions:
Bring broth to boil and add quinoa. Boil, uncovered for 15 minutes. Add corn and salsa and heat through. Remove from heat, add salt and cilantro. Serve with avocado and lime as garnish.
2 green veggies for the side. Asparagus sauteed in olive oil and sea salt and steam bag green beans
We tore up the cylecross course again last night! Check out J's kit...pretty stylin'
Until next time...
look good, feel good, do good
http://www.sarabconsulting.com/ (website under construction, sorry for the mess)

No comments:

Post a Comment