Friday, August 27, 2010

Stroll in the Woods & Our Favorite Italian Picnic

Yesterday was beautiful! You can feel fall in the air. J and I decided to take advantage of the perfect weather last night and headed out to Lake McBride for a hike and picnic dinner.


Here's a perfect spot!

I packed J and I's favorite Italian picnic....in fact, it was almost a year ago we were trekking through Italy for our honeymoon!
the menu:
Tuscan Open-Faced Sandwiched
(as my good pal Robin like to call them)
crackers
cheese
apple slices (Granny Smith have a nice sour/sweet bite)
pesto (last night's was homemade by Robin....recipe here)
sliced deli meat is optional.
experiment with different cheeses (J likes pepperjack, I like anything fresh and flavorful)
Serve these up on a romantic picnic or for a satisfying appetizer.
Here we are on the beach of Positano, Italy.
Until next time...
look good, feel good, do good...

No comments:

Post a Comment