Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Two of my favorite things...almonds and cookies so needless to say these cookie really hit the spot!

After seeing this delicious looking picture in my latest Clean Eating Magazine I knew I had to make them.

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 C unsalted almond butter (I grind my own at New Pioneer Coop)
3/4 C sugar source (stevia, honey, agave nectar, brown sugar) I used honey and they turned out a little flat
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 oz dark chocolate chips (or break apart a dark chocolate bar...70% or greater)
I found dark chips at the Coop bulk bins
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350F. In medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined or greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets. Remove to wire rack and cool. Enjoy!
Nutrients: 110 cals, fat 8g, carb 10g, suagrs 3g, protien 2g
Until next time...
look good, feel good, do good

1 comment:

  1. OMG Sara, these are AMAZING! Probably my new favorite cookie recipe - and easy, so even better. I used half agave nectar and half Splenda brown sugar for sugar source, and they turned out really well. Brought them to CF morning class so everyone could enjoy!

    (I also added purple & yellow easter dark chocolate m&ms and decorated UNI with purple & yellow frosting on the top...so they were only 99% healthy!) Go Panthers :)

    ReplyDelete