Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chicken Veggie Enchiladas



Jeremy loves Mexican so last night I decided it would be Mexican Night serving Chicken Veggie Enchiladas. I got this recipe from my good friend and roommate in college...Mary Jones.

This is one of the few times I cook with cheese...however it is low-fat and fat-free cheese.
I usually try to replace cheese in dishes with cottage cheese.

Chicken Veggie Enchiladas...oh and I forgot to mention...I don't really measure, but this is pretty hard to mess up.

whole wheat tortillas...I found that the Chi Chis brand has no "partially hydrogenated oils"
if you don't like whole wheat, opt for corn
chicken breasts, boiled and shredded....lots
1 can green chili sauce
1/4 ish evaporate milk...although looking for a substitution because it requires so little would,
would plain milk work?
1 package fat free cheese....I used Mozzarella here
1 package reduced fat cheese...and Mexican here
any veggies you have.....this round I used sweet peppers, red peppers, and J put habaneros on
his...no thanks!
1 can black beans

Boil chicken and shred. Preheat oven to 350. Mix enchilada sauce and evaporated milk in shallow dish. Place one tortilla in sauce and coat both side. Move to cooking pan and load with chicken, beans, veggies, and a little cheese.
Continue to do this until there is just a little sauce left and the ingredients are gone. Pour remaining sauce and cheese over top enchiladas. bake until heated through....about 15-20ish minutes.
Serve with cottage cheese over top if desired (replaces sour cream) and of course with a side of veggies.

ziploc steambags work like a charm...just put you clean veggie in and follow the instructions on the bag

It may not look the prettiest but it sure tastes good!

Enjoy!
Until next time...
look good, feel good, do good















No comments:

Post a Comment