Friday, June 17, 2011

"A Weekend of Killer Meals"

While sitting on our porch last Sunday with full belly's and a glass of red wine in hand J looked at me and stated "this was a weekend of killer meals." I must concur, however, the meals would be better described as "liver meals"....ok, lame joke but in all seriousness they were packed in nutrients, antioxidants and all the healthy stuff that keeps your ticker ticking and your skin shining.
Sunday after church J and I joined Cosco as I heard they had a decent organic produce selection....I would have to say it was ok, but they did have some great choices and prices of produce. My favorite purchase was the delish wild-caught salmon we grilled Sunday night...more about that in a minute.
So with produce coming out our ears, we went home to whip up this beautiful fruit salad with mangos, blackberries, blueberries, bananas, and unsweetened coconut.

We paired it with homemade whole wheat waffles and omega 3 scrambled eggs.
For lunch we had leftover grilled chicken breast over a bed of spinach, other leafy greens, and radishes from my CSA group, Turtle Farms.

A dinner rocked my world...grilled salmon with steamed brocolli over brown rice.
To prepare the Salmon:
Marinate in fresh dill, green garlic slices (from CSA) or regular garlic, and fresh lemon juice for at least 30 minutes.
Grill in folded and sealed foil for about 10-15 minutes or until opaque on the inside, should fall apart when fork is stuck in it

Soooo good!
Hopefully, this weekend is filled with more "killer" meals.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE WONDERFUL DADS OUT THERE. EXCITED TO CELEBRATE J'S FIRST ONE!


Hanging out with my Dad and Trey

Until next time...
look good, feel good, do good
http://www.sarabconsulting.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment