Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Leigh's visit & Coconut Chicken Spinach Salad

My good pal, Leigh, came to visit me last night! Wahooo!
As soon as we say "hi" the conversation does not end....into the night we chatted away over good food and wine.
First, though, I dragged her to track practice so she could help our Solon high jumper since Leigh jumped at ISU! -Thanks Leigh!

Dinner:
We share the same passion for wholesome food (she's a dietitian too...what do you expect), so for dinner we dished up fresh colorful spinach salads with all the fixins.

Coconut Chicken Spinach Salad
fixins:
leftover chicken from my coconut chicken dish: http://sarabconsulting.blogspot.com/search/label/Coconut
homegrown spinach from Leigh's aunt and uncle's garden in Grinnell
fresh blueberries and organic strawberries

sauteed mushrooms in 0live oil

locally grown tomatoes

and Penzeys Spice's Italian Dressing

Gorgeous! Look at all the color aka nutrients. I love salads because they are such an easy way to fill up on nutrient dense foods.

Good dinner, good conversation.
Breakfast:
eggs seasoned with Fox Point (Penzeys spice)
Whole wheat fruit and nut bread from South Union Bakery (Des Moines)
w/ homemade rhubarb strawberry sauce
Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce is so simple to make. Just bring to a boil sliced rhubarb and strawberries. Add sugar to taste and simmer away till it reaches the consistency you desire.
Leigh trying Chia seeds....don't be so dramatic :)
she actually said she liked the "crunch" and instantly wanted to run 19miles but instead had to jump in her car and drive to Cleveland....dangit....next time Leigh!
Until next time...
look good, feel good, do good

3 comments:

  1. I love this salad and I'm going to try it. I make about 4 salads that I am famous for (famous in my family that is) and love to find new ones. Thanks, Love your blog. I'd be honored if you drop in on mine some time. This could be the start of a beautiful friendship. LOL. Keri a.k.a. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute blogs! Thanks for sharing and enjoy the salads!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete