Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkin Day!

It's literally snowing leaves at our house! Check out the skylights in our kitchen...plastered with big, colorful, wet leaves.

So because we live in and amongst trees, we don't have any neighbors to enjoy my festive front porch display...so I thought I would post in on here :)
the giant gourd and little gourds are compliments of my Uncle Jim! I had a baby pumpkin but the chipmunks took off with it!
look at all those leaves!

Today I carved the big pumpkin on our porch and roasted it's seeds.
Roasted pumpkin seeds are sooo yummy and nutritious. The health benefits are plentiful due to their content of vitamins and minerals including magnesium and zinc.

I enjoy the seeds as a satisfying snack throughout the day or a nice accent to a salad.

oh and did I mention they are a breeze to make!?
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
After removing seeds from pumpkin, place in bowl filled with water. Remove all slimy pumpkin guts.
Spray pan and seeds with olive oil or cooking spray. sprinkle with sea salt. bake at 325F for 25 minutes, stirring every 10. Enjoy!

I also made the oh-so-good mix of peanuts and candy corn for J to take hunting this weekend

and of course another batch of the panel approved Pumpkin Cran Muffins...so good!
to come...veggie hash and spaghetti squash
Until next time...
look good, feel good, do good

No comments:

Post a Comment