Thursday, October 15, 2009

Meat and Veggie Egg Dish

I made my first egg dish! Minus the spillage in the oven :) it tasted great.
Good thing J and I have established the rule.... I cook, he cleans!

I got this recipe from my soon to be brother-in-law Mike.
Cook it up for you next early tailgate or for a hearty breakfast.


in honor of J's first week of Ironman training for Coeur d'Alene 2010...notice the Ironman mug :)
the side dish is a very pale looking Mango...I tried to tell J they were not in season

Egg Dish
Spray pan
Cube whole wheat bread and line bottom of pan

pour 1 bag of 2% cheddar cheese over bread
chop up 1 green pepper, mushrooms and optional broccoli (remember..the more veggies the more liquid in the dish so this is the only time I will say don't over do it)
layer veggies over cheese
take turkey sausages out of casings if they have one, break off bits and layer on top of veggies. (I used the sun dried tomato flavor)
whip 12 eggs and 4 C skim milk together
add 2 tsp dry mustard to egg and milk mix
pour over layers in pan
place foil over top and let sit overnight
bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until egg is pretty solid. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.

Until next time...
look good, feel good, do good

www.sarabconsulting.com

1 comment: