Monday, March 14, 2011

Product Review - PB2

A couple months ago I pick up some PB2 in the HyVee health market section. I was intrigued by this powdery substance that claimed to taste like peanut butter. Now, I am kind of a peanut butter snob...in fact, J and I love pb and cottage cheese so much that we have a saying..."what peanut butter doesn't go on, cottage cheese does." SO TRUE!
So here's what the website has to say:
It's what's not in PB2 that makes it so good for you. For starters, our special process removes 85% of the fat calories without the chemicals typically used in producing reduced fat foods. Something else you won't find in PB2 is preservatives. What you will find is natural roasted peanut flavor that's also available in a rich chocolate variety.

PB2: Powdered Peanut Butter
Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt.
Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
Servings per container: 15
Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):
Calories: 45
Calories from fat: 13
Value and % Daily Value*
Total fat 1.5 g 3%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Trans fat < style="font-size:180%;color:#663300;">PB2 fudge and Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients:

2 cups: Sugar
1/2 cup: Milk
1/2 cup: Butter (can use Land O Lake natural or other healthier spread)
4 Tbsp: Cocoa
1/2 cup: PB2
3 cups: Quick cooking oatmeal
2 tsp: Vanilla
Instructions:
Mix sugar, milk, butter and cocoa in saucepan. Allow mixture to boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add all other ingredients. Drop on wax paper and freeze.

I made these the day after that big snow storm last month and let them cool in the drifts.

Besides the cookies I have added PB2 to smoothies and oatmeal and find it to be pretty tasty however, it will not be replacing my good ol' natural peanut butter on toast.

Until next time...
look good, feel good, do good
http://www.sarabconsulting.com/

2 comments:

  1. I have spent the better part of my morning reading your entire blog. Needless to say I am very inspired. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking it out Mindy! Let me know when you try a recipe or two!
    Have a happy and healthy day,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete